Pune : Deccan Express – Former Union Home Secretary Dr Madhav Godbole passed away on Monday following a heart attack. He breathed his last at his residence in the city. He was 85. His family members revealed this.
He is survived by wife Sujata, son Rahul and daughter Meera, daughter-in-law Dakshina, son-in-law Mahesh, grandchildren Aditi, Manan, Gayatri and Tarini.
Dr Godbole was a retired IAS officer. He joined the civil services in 1959. He was the Union Home Secretary and Union Law and Justice Secretary in 1993 when he took voluntary retirement from the service. Earlier, he had served as the Secretary of Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry and Union Urban Development Ministry. He was the Chief Financial Secretary in the Maharashtra Government. He was also the Chairman of Maharashtra State Electricity Board.
Web Title : Ex-Union Home Secy Madhav Godbole no more
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
PMC Property Tax | 40 pc rebate in property tax cancelled: Puneites shocked by huge bills; political parties keep mum
- Pune Anti Narcotics Cell seizes gutkha worth Rs 4 lakh