Satara/Wai : Deccan Express – Pune-Bangalore Highway Accident | In an accident involving a tractor trolley carrying warkaris and a tempo, one warkari was killed, 30 seriously injured and 11 received minor injuries near Shirwal on Mumbai-Bangalore highway in the district. One warkaris was stated to be critical. The warkaris hail from Bhadole and Lahoti villages in Kolhapur district.
The deceased has been identified as Mayyappa Kondiba Mane (45) of Bhadole in Hatkanangale taluka. Maruti Bhairavnath Koli was critical.
According to details, the accident took place near the bus stand in Shirwal in the wee hours of Monday. As many as 43 warkaris were travelling in a tractor trolley towards Alandi. An over-speeding tempo rammed into the trolley, resulting in its overturning. The injured were being treated at the primary health centres in Shirwal and Khandala while the seriously injured were admitted to the Nana Patil Hospital in Satara.
The police visited the spot after learning about the incident. Local youths helped to shift the injured to hospital. The injured were stated to be stable. However, the condition of the warkari was critical. He was being treated at a private hospital here.
- Pune PMC News | Kasba Peth branch of BJP ruling the roost in PMC for 5 years agitates for civic amenities
- Pune PMC News | TDR process being simplified further from Friday
- Pune Pimpri Crime | 30-year-old man arrested in Pune for raping 13-year-old girl
- Kolhapur Crime | 36-year-old man arrested for raping 6-year-old girl in Kolhapur district
- Solapur Crime | Harassed by wife, young businessman commits suicide in Barshi