Jalna : deccan express – Schools in Europe are held regularly as the pandemic situation is worsening. In Maharashtra, too, the number of Covid-19 patients is rising but 90-95% beds in hospitals are vacant. The rate of hospitalisation is low. Hence, the state government has decided to reopen schools considering all factors. Parents need not panic and send their children to school by following the protocol, said State Health Minister Rajesh Tope.
Tope was in Jalna to attend a programme. He was speaking to the media. A question was asked over parents’ hesitancy to send children to school. Replying to the question, he said there is a Covid wave in Europe also. However, schools are held there. It is students’ loss, if schools remain closed continuously. These are their formative years.
“We have considered all factors and have decided to reopen schools. However, if there is a high caseload in a district, the local administration and the guardian minister have to decide on reopening schools. I have instructed officials concerned to look after schoolchildren. If a student is found Covid-19 positive, children and other people coming in his contact would be tested,” said Tope.
Indicating granting relaxations in the restrictions, Tope said, “Around 90-95% hospital beds in the State are vacant. 90-95% ICU and oxygen beds are lying unused. Around 90% of the total affected people are in home isolation. So, if this scenario persists, restrictions can be relaxed as per the chief minister’s instructions. Vaccination is not mandatory. However, we will appeal and persuade citizens to get vaccinated.”
Web Title : One held, one booked for thrashing a PSI at Tulapur
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- PM Modi | PM Narendra Modi’s Pune visit cancelled due to grim Covid-19
- Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning plays vital role in defense; Students should adopt research & Innovation tendency
- pune crosses highest daily positive count during covid 19 pandemic at 7264
- man suffers bone fracture as bus driver applies urgent brakes at speed breaker driver bookedcongress to agitate over bad condition of roads in puneactor kiran mane to meet ncp supremo sharad pawar over his removal from tv serial