Mumbai : deccan express – The new directives of the state government in the wake of rising Covid-19 cases is likely to be announced today. Though there is no possibility of lockdown, strict restrictions may be imposed. (Maharashtra)
A meeting was convened at Mumbai to discuss the concerns related to rising Covid cases. Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope and other concerned officers were present for the meeting. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray was apprised of the development. He is likely to make the announcement about new norms to contain the surge in cases. Ajit Pawar also took a review of the situation with the task force members. He instructed the concerned officials to provide sufficient funds for the state’s preparedness to handle the rising number of cases.
Over 18000 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in the state on Tuesday, including the addition of 75 Omicron cases. Health minister Rajesh Tope had already made it clear that lockdown is unlikely but restrictions will be stricter.
- OMG ! Huge Bull Attracts Crowds in Animal Fair at Tasgaon
- Pune Crime | Police constable, six others arrested for kidnapping and ransom
- Desecration of Shivaji Maharaj statue : Karnataka police crackdown on Marathi speakers, 27 arrested
- Pune | Amit Shah’s Pune visit is an admission of BJP’s defeat: Mohan Joshi
- Pune | Wanawadi police file case against RaviAnna Dandeli and Ramesh Bhandari for cheating
- PMRDA to develop basic facilities at Mhalunge-Mann TP scheme
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh