Pune : deccan express – The Pune police crime branch unit 1 arrested six people for demanding ransom from a famous Pune-based builder using Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar’s mobile number. The builder was also threatened to resolve a dispute related to a plot of land at Wadebolhai.
The arrested have been identified as Navnath Bhausaheb Choramale (28) of Haveli, Saurabh Narayan Kakade (20) of Hadapsar, Sunil alias Bala Gautam Waghmare (28), Kiran Rambhau Kakade (25), Chaitanya Rajendra Waghmare (19) of Fursungi and Akash Sharad Nikalje (24). The builder lodged a complaint in this regard with the police. An offence has been registered under sections 384, 386, 506, 34 of IPC and section 66 (c) and (d) of IT Act. The incident took place for 10 days up to January 13.
The complaint filed by the builder stated that the accused downloaded a fake call app. Through this app, they dialed the builder using the mobile number of Ajit Pawar. He was told that he was speaking to Pawar’s PA Choube. The builder was told to resolve the dispute related to a 6-hectare land belonging to Baba Bhau Choramale and nine others at Gat no. 85/1, 85/3 and 87 at Shirsatwadi, Wadebolhai in Haveli taluka. The builder was threatened that he would not be allowed to enter the village and none of his projects would be implemented. They also demanded a ransom of Rs 20 lakh, of which Rs 2 lakh were taken by the accused.
The action was taken under the guidance of CP Amitabh Gupta, Joint CP Ravindra Shisve, Addl CP Ramnath Pokale DCP Srinivas Ghadge and ACP Gajanan Tompe. Senior PI Shailesh Sankhe, PSI Sanjay Gaikwad, PSI Sunil Kulkarni, police personnel Ajay Jadhav, Ajay Thorat, Amol Pawar, Imran Shaikh, Tushar Malvadkar, Mahesh Bamgude, Mina Pinjan and Rukhsana Naddaf participated in the action.
Senior PI Shailesh Sankhe is investigating the matter.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area