Pune : deccan express – A 29-year-old lawyer has lodged a complaint of rape against a police constable at Chatuhshrungi police station. Both met through a matrimonial site and the constable allegedly lured her into marriage and raped her.
Chatuhshrungi police has booked the constable, Laxman Gangadhar Raut (33, resident of Patra Chawl, Pashan, native of Loni Kalbhor) on the charge of rape. He is presently with Anti-terrorist Squad of Pune rural police.
According to the police, the complainant and Laxman Raut met in March 2020 through a matrimonial site. Raut got her number from the site and started calling her. Later he took her to a lodge in Dehu Road and Pimple Nilakh and raped her. But he refused to marry her.
Chatuhshrungi police is investigating the matter.
- Accused denied bail in extortion case involving famous builder Yuvraj Dhamale
- MahaTET Exam Scam Case | More cash of Rs 33 lakh seized from Tukaram Supe’s offices, house
- Pune crime | One held, big dealer Mithun Navale booked, Rs 1-lakh worth gutkha seized
- Pune Crime | Absconding criminal in MCOCA case arrested by anti-extortion cell of Pune police
- PMC | Opposition sees red over corporators’ study tour to Gujarat next week
- CP Gupta’s initiative | Passport police verification in 7-10 days in Pune