Pune : deccan express – An underground tunnel that is being bored from Shivajinagar to Swargate reached Budhwar Peth on Friday. The tunnelling work is likely to be completed before March 2022. Two tunnels are being dug from both ends of Swargate and Shivajinagar simultaneously. (Pune Metro)
The length of the tunnel is 6 km and has underground stations at Shivajinagar, Civil Court, Budhwar Peth, Mandai, and Swargate.
Giving details about the work, MahaMetro MD Brijesh Dixit said, “The underground stretch is a very challenging and crucial part of the Pune metro railway project. The tunnelling is about to complete. Hence, other tasks in the underground section are being taken up.”
Dixit exuded confidence that the entire tunnel work could be finished by December 2022.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area