Pune : deccan express – The highest number of Covid-19 positive cases in a single day were reported on Thursday since the first case in the pandemic was recorded in March 2020 in Pune.
Over 7,200 new cases were added on Thursday. Over 6,000 cases were reported daily in the past few weeks. However, 7,264 fresh cases have been recorded for the first time since the outbreak. Earlier, 7,010 Covid cases were reported on April 8, 2021, said PMC Medical Officer Dr Sanjeev Wavre.
Till date, 5,83,533 cases have been reported in Pune. In all, 4,575 patients were discharged on Thursday. In all, 5,32,101 patients have recovered from the infection till date. Eleven Covid patients died during the past 24 hours in Pune. Of these seven were from the city while four were from outside the city. In all, 9,168 Covid patients succumbed to the disease till date.
Since the recovery rate has declined, the number of active patients has gone up in the city. At present, there are 42,264 active Covid cases in Pune. Of these, 282 are on oxygen support. In all, 41 patients are on invasive ventilators while 33 are on non-invasive ventilators. Of the total positive patients in the city, 3.4 percent of patients have been hospitalised. In all, 20,342 swab tests were conducted at various test centres in the city on Thursday. Till date, 41,79,767 test have been conducted in Pune.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- Pune | Boy kidnapped from Baner reunited with his parents