Pune : deccan express – In a big blow to Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, BJP candidate Pradip Kand defeated NCP’s Suresh Ghule in Pune District Central Cooperative Bank’s election for C division cooperative banks and cooperative credit society category.
It is for the first time that a candidate of the opposition party has defeated NCP’s official candidate. The election for 14 posts was held unopposed. Elections were held for the remaining seven posts including the category of cooperative bank and cooperative credit society.
In this category, 806 voters out of 839 exercised their right to vote on January 4. BJP candidate Pradip Kand got 405 votes while NCP’s Suresh Ghule got 391 votes. Kand was earlier with NCP. Therefore, his nomination from Haveli taluka made the tussle interesting as Ghule too is considered a powerful contestant.
Ajit Pawar, during the election rally criticised Kand and appealed to the voters to show him his place.
This had therefore come as a shock for Pawar’s stronghold on the cooperative sector in the state. Interestingly, Kand received a whopping 52 votes from Baramati, Pawar’s constituency.
- Pune crime | Accused denied bail in extortion case involving famous builder Yuvraj Dhamale
- MahaTET Exam Scam Case | More cash of Rs 33 lakh seized from Tukaram Supe’s offices, house
- Pune crime | One held, big dealer Mithun Navale booked, Rs 1-lakh worth gutkha seized
- Pune Crime | Absconding criminal in MCOCA case arrested by anti-extortion cell of Pune police
- MSEDCL Pune circle collects the highest online payment of Rs 895 crore across the State