Pune : Deccan Express – Mumbai-Pune Expressway |The Mimbai-Pune distance will be reduced by six kilometres, which will save around 25 minutes of travel time. This will be accomplished by boring a tunnel on the expressway in the Lonavala-Khopoli exit section under the missing link plan. This will be an alternative route, work on which will be completed in the near future.
There will be two tunnels on this route. Of these, work on a tunnel is 72% complete. Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) has set a December 2023 deadline for this.
In 1999, the state government handed over the corridors of Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Mumbai-Pune National Highway No. 4 to MSRDC for repair and maintenance for 30 years.
Both the corridors converge at Khalapur toll plaza and separate at Khandala exit. The stretch from Adoshi tunnel to Khandala exit has six lanes. The topography of this section is uneven and landslides are frequent during the monsoon. Therefore, a lane towards Mumbai is closed for traffic during the rainy season. In this backdrop, MSRDC has started the 13.3-km missing link project work from Khopoli exit to Kusgaon on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Features of the project:
- An alternative route to the six-km meandering stretch of the expressway will be available
- The tunnel will start at Lonavala and end at Khopoli exit
- Two tunnels and two viaduct eight-lane roads will be built
- The tunnel from Pune to Mumbai will be 9-km long
- Of this, 6.5-km tunnel has been bored. Its width is 23.5 m
- A one-kilometre tunnel from Mumbai to Pune is complete
- This is the longest tunnel of 9 km from Pune to Mumbai. It is 72% complete. Moreover, there are two valley bridges on this lane
- The missing link project will reduce Pune-Mumbai distance by six kilometre. Around 25 minutes of travel time will be saved
- The project will be completed by December 2023
Web Title : Mumbai-Pune Expressway | Missing link project to reduce Mumbai-Pune distance by 25 minutes
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
Pune Municipal Election 2022 | SC, ST reserved wards announced for Pune civic polls
Yogesh Desai IG Prisons Maharashtra | Make good friends to manage stress,
says DIG of Prisons Department of Western Region Yogesh Desai
Notorious criminals fight in Yerawda Central Prison
Gokul milk distributors in Katraj, Bibvewadi threaten stir, demand commission hike
Hawkers become aggressive over panchnamas, PMC ready to conduct them after checking legal provisions
Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) | Conducting panchnama of seized goods
during anti-encroachment drive is not possible, says Madhav Jagtap
Pune Crime | Gang of criminals arrested for planning to rob mobile store in Fursungi