Pune : deccan express – Cold weather conditions are prevailing in Maharashtra. Hill stations Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani recorded a minimum temperature of 0 degree Celsius in the wee hours on Friday.
The record minimum temperature was observed in Venna Lake and Lingamala areas. The met office has predicted similar weather conditions for the next two days. Mercury may rise by 2-3 deg C after two days. Vidarbha is likely to have rainy weather conditions for two more days. Later, dry weather may prevail in Vidarbha.
Minimum temperatures dipped considerably in Mumbai, Konkan, north Maharashtra as Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are reeling under cold weather. Many places in central Maharashtra and Marathwada also recorded lower-than-average minimum temperatures. The cold wave sweeping across North India is likely to subside after two days.
A low-pressure belt is formed from Karnataka to Chhattisgarh, where it may rain. This is affecting Vidarbha too, where rainy weather will continue for two more days. Pune also witnessed lower-than-average minimum temperatures in the past couple of days. Temperatures have dipped below 15 deg C at many places.
Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Nashik, Sangli, Kolhapur recorded maximum temperatures 3 to 7 deg C below the seasonal average. In Vidarbha and Marathwada, it is 2-3 deg C below average.
Maximum temperatures hovered below 25 deg C in most parts of the State.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area