Pune : deccan express – In the third wave of pandemic, a high number of children are getting infected. Over four times infections increased within six days among children in Pune.
However, Covid-19 symptoms among children are mild. In all, 2,488 children in the age group of 0 to 11 were reported to be Covid-19 positive from December 1 to 11 in the city. The number of Covid-19 cases in the age groups of 0 to 10 and 11 to 20 have risen four times in the past six days.
Concerns are being expressed over a growing number of children getting the infection. Doctors have appealed to citizens to take care of their children in the case of symptoms such as cold, fever, and cough.
Corona situation in Pune
In all, 5,571 new Covid-19 patients were reported on Thursday in Pune. Three Covid patients died, of these two were from outside the city. There are 182 patients on oxygen support while 19 are on invasive ventilator support. There are 26 patients on non-invasive ventilator support. In all, 2,335 Covid patients were discharged from various hospitals.
On Wednesday, 4,857 new Covid-19 cases were reported in Pune. On the same day, 1,805 patients were discharged from hospitals. While 33 critical cases were reported on Wednesday, their number increased to 45 on Thursday.
In all, 5,42,989 Covid-19 cases have been recorded in Pune till date. Of these, 25,737 are active patients while only 4.33 percent have been hospitalised.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area