Pune : deccan express – The Independent English School Association has decided to restart offline classes after discussions with parents without waiting for February 15.
The schools in areas where there is less incidence of Covid-19 will start offline classes. The state government announced closure of schools due to rising Covid-19 cases. However, students and parents are confused as schools had to close immediately after reopening. Children are anyway moving around in the city. Hence, school administrations and parents decided to start offline classes to avoid academic loss of children. They also have to fill the backlog of the past two years. All Covid-19 norms will be strictly followed during offline classes, they said.
Senior educationist Dr AL Deshmukh said, “We have to learn to live with Coronavirus. It will not be prudent to shut schools till the virus is eliminated. Currently, only 60 percent of students can afford online classes. We have to think about the remaining 40 percent of students.”
“There are very few Covid patients in many areas. The schools in such parts should restart. Children suffered irreparable academic loss during the past two years. Hence, we will send our wards to school,” said a parent.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area