Pune : deccan express – Pune Political News | A BJP corporator’s husband crossed over to the NCP ahead of the civic elections in the city. The ruling BJP has received the first blow. BJP corporator from the Vadgaon Sheri assembly segment Shital Sawant’s husband Ajay Sawant joined the NCP in the presence of senior NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Saturday. It was learnt that Shital Sawant would soon follow suit.
Ajay Sawant joined the NCP, along with his supporters, on the premises of the Divisional Commissionerate. MLA Sunil Tingre was present. Sawant is known as a staunch supporter of former MP Sanjay Kakade. Sawant had joined the BJP when he was in the Congress. Now, he has switched sides and has landed in the NCP camp.
The BJP and the NCP are making allegations and counter-allegations against each other in the backdrop of the civic polls. NCP city unit chief Prashant Jagtap recently claimed that 16 BJP corporators were in touch with him. Now, the BJP has received the first blow. Shital Sawant has still not resigned from the corporator’s post. However, she is likely to join the NCP within a week. It was learnt.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Baba Bhide Bridge will be demolished under Riverfront Development Project
- Railway Budget : Rs 31 crore for Pune railway station, Rs 21 crore for Hadapsar terminal
- No more tunic uniform for police officers from the ranks of DySP to PSI, DGP Sanjay Pandey issues order
- SC and HSC exams will be conducted offline : State Board chariman Sharad Gosavi
- 570 hearing and speech impaired people cheated; Suyog Mehta, Abhizar Ghodnadiwala, Pradip Kolte, Chanchal Mehta, Mihir Gokhale, Dhananjay Jagtap arrested