Pune : deccan express – MPCC vice-president and former MLC Mohan Joshi appealed to the authorities concerned that the issue of proposed international airport in Purandar should be solved by coordination between the state and the central governments.
An international airport is needed in Pune to boost industry and trade in the area, he said in a press release.
Pune has grown exponentially in the past decade. Over 2 lakh industries are located in the industrial areas in and around the city. The IT sector has 200 companies and it is still growing. In this backdrop, Pune’s connectivity has to improve with other cities, states and 25 important cities abroad. An international airport near Pune is needed for this purpose.
Sites were chosen in Khed and later in Purandar for the airport. Now, the proposal going into cold storage is not affordable. The state and central government should coordinate and find a unanimous solution to the issue immediately, said Joshi.
He said he would meet senior Congress leaders to find a way out.
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Pune Crime | Pune Police Anti Extortion Cell arrests one for sandalwood smuggling, sandalwood logs weighing 102 Kg seized
- Pandharpur Crime | Youth dies by suicide after harassment by private moneylender in Pandharpur