New Delhi: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched an Aadhaar service for new-born children at government hospitals. Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
In India, Aadhaar is a necessary document for every citizen of the country as it is linked to all the documents including bank accounts
Unique Identification Authority of India tweeted regarding the new service which is being launched by them, as many hospitals complete the process of Aadhaar of the new-born babies. UIDAI said that everyone should enroll in Aadhaar, even the new-born babies too for which they shared a process.
Everyone can enroll for Aadhaar – even a newborn child. All you need is the child's birth certificate and #Aadhaar of one of the parents. Book an appointment from https://t.co/bn84FITjmx#KidsAadhaar #BaalAadhaar #Identity #Appointment pic.twitter.com/4Q8yXBhKKV
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 22, 2021
Biometric data is not required for a child of age 1 to 5 as it changes till the age of 5 years in a child. Once your child crosses this age you can update the information in Aadhaar.
UIDAI mentioned that for making an Aadhaar of a new-born child a birth certificate is required and one Aadhaar of either father or mother is necessary.
HOW TO REGISTER?
1. On the site of the UIDAI click on the link of Aadhaar card registration/
2. download the form in which you need to mention your child’s name, mobile number, and email id.
3. After which you will receive an appointment in the Aadhaar card center.
4. You will receive a date on which you have to visit the center taking the required documents for the criteria.
5. For more information about Aadhaar card, you can visit https://ask.uidai.gov.in/