New Delhi: The government of India has formulated different schemes from housing to food for the poverty ridden population of the country. So far more than 40 million people are benefited from government led schemes. One such scheme is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana which provides gas cylinders connection to poor families in the remote areas of Indian. However this scheme is to be end by 30 September.
The Modi government extended the scheme from April to September to help the poor due to the lockdown. The end to scheme means from next month the beneficiary may not be able to take advantage of free gas cylinders under it.
The scheme was initiated on 1 May 2016, the central government launched a social welfare scheme – ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the slogan ‘Clean fuel, better life’. The objective of the scheme was promoting women empowerment, providing a healthy fuel for cooking and preventing health-related hazards among millions of rural population due to the use of fossil fuels.
There are 354 million people living in extreme poverty which makes up 29.6% of its total population, Out of which 83 million women below poverty line (BPL) families was to be benefited from free cooking gas cylinders for three months.
Earlier, under the Scheme, ₹9709.86 crore was transferred directly into the bank accounts of Ujjwala beneficiaries during April- June 2020 and 11.97 crore cylinders were delivered to the PMUY beneficiaries as claimed in a statement.
How to apply?
• First of all, you go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
• Now a home page will open in front of you, where you will have to click on the download form.
• After downloading the form, fill all the information in it, such as applicant’s name, date, place, etc.
• Fill all the information and submit it to your nearest LPG center.
• With this, you will also need few documents.
Only the eligible women candidates from BPL families can apply for the scheme by applying for Ujjwala Yojana. The interested candidates are required to fill a 2-page application form and attach required documents along with the form. The applicants also need to mention their requirement of cylinder type and whether they need a 14.2KG or 5KG cylinder. KYC Application forms for Ujjwala Yojana can also be downloaded online and submitted to nearest LPG outlet along with required documents.
It requires documents such as BPL Ration Card, BPL certificate authorized by the Head of Panchayat / Municipality
Identity Card (Aadhaar Card or Voter ID Card). A recent passport size photo
Basic details like name, contact information, Jan Dhan / bank account number, Aadhar card number etc.
Know ahead who will benefit from it.
These people will get benefit …
• The minimum age of the applicant woman should be 18 years.
• Applicant must have a rural resident BPL card.
• Women applicants should have a savings bank account in any nationalized bank across the country to get subsidy amount