Wardha : deccan express – Wardha Car Accident | Seven medical students died after the SUV car they were travelling in plunged into the river near Selsura in the district. The SUV was going at a high speed and fell 40 ft deep into the river.
The students were studying in the Datta Meghe Medical College and were staying in a hostel. BJP MLA from Tiroda Vijay Rahangdale’s son Avishkar was among the deceased.
The other deceased students were identified as Nitesh Singh, Vivek Nandan, Pratyush Singh, Pawan Shakti and Niraj Chauhan. Three among them are from UP, two from Bihar and one from Odisha.
According to the police, these students were studying in the Datta Meghe Medical College and were hostelites. Attendance is marked at 10 pm daily at their hostel. They were marked absent on Monday. Hence, the hostel administration conveyed to their parents that they were not at the hostel. Meanwhile, the students had informed their parents that they were celebrating their friend’s birthday and were going out. Since they did not return till late in the night, the authorities were worried.
They came to know about the accident in the wee hours of Tuesday. The students were returning from Devali to Wardha when their car plunged into Selsura river. Wardha SDPO Piyush Jagtap and his colleagues rushed to the spot after being informed about the incident. All bodies were taken out of the river by 4 am. The bodies were sent to the General Hospital, Wardha.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area