Mumbai : Deccan Express – The Bombay High Court has granted temporary concession in the bail conditions to accused Vikram Bahve in the Dr Narendra Dabholkar murder case. He was released on bail after spending two years in jail on May 6.
Bhave has been allowed to stay in Ratnagiri for three weeks to perform rituals of his father, who died on June 25 and to complete bank formalities related to his father. The HC had granted bail to him on May 6 on the condition that he would not leave the jurisdiction of the Special NIA Court, Pune.
The HC directed him to report to the Deccan Gymkhana police station before leaving for Ratnagiri and on August 10, after returning to Pune.
Stay updated with the latest local, national and international news.
Follow Deccan Express on Twitter, Facebook, Telegram and get connected with us on Whats App
Role of Vikram Bhave in the case
Bhave was working as an RTI worker with the Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad. He was awarded a 10-year sentence in the bomb explosions at a theatre in Panvel and the Gadkari Rangayatan in Thane. He was out on bail in the case. He is accused to have conducted a recce of the place, where Dr Dabholkar was shot dead. He also assisted in destroying the pistol used in the murder case.
- Pune crime | Teacher beaten up for demanding sexual favours from the student for ‘good marks’ in HSC exams (Video)
- Thackeray government announces recruitment of 15,500 posts through MPSC
- SPPU’s online lecture series on Introduction to Constitution concluded
- Pune crime news | One person found murdered at a bus stop, police suspect robbery
- Pune Rain Alert: Extremely heavy rain along ghat sections, CIty areas will receive moderate rainfall
- PM Narendra Modi interacts with Indian athletes’ contingent bound for Tokyo Olympics