Satara : deccan express – A series of mild tremors were recorded within the periphery of the Koyna Dam (Satara) on Saturday afternoon. The quake measured 2.9 on the Richter Scale. However, no loss was reported to life or property.
According to the district administration, the first tremor was recorded around 2.15 pm in the Koyna Dam area. The epicentre lay 6 km to the south-west of Helwak village. It is 8 km away from Koyna. The epicentre was at 4 km depth.
Maharashtra faces hailstorm, along with the third Covid wave
While the State is facing the third wave of Covid-19, the met office has predicted rainfall, along with a hailstorm, for the next five days under the influence of westerly winds from North India. Heavy rain is predicted at many places in the State, along with a thunderstorm. Some places may witness a hailstorm. An alert has been issued in central Maharashtra, Vidarbha and Marathwada.
According to the met office, high moisture will likely gather from Arabian Sea to north-west and central India. This weather condition will prevail for the next two days. Later, winds will blow to central India from Arabian Sea. This will cause rainfall, along with a thunderstorm, hailstorm in Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra | Police personnel aged above 55 directed to work from home: Walse Patil
- ST strike | Private bus operators make hay while sun shines in pune
- Pune | Citizens will no longer be ready for lockdown now says, BJP state president Chandrakant Patil
- Rainfall predicted in Maharashtra from Thursday for four days
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president