Pune: The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has provided tips for students appearing for the examinations of backlog subjects. The Pune University has asked students to carefully understand the new format of ‘Multiple Choice Questions’ (MCQ) and then only attempt the answers.
The Pune University had conducted exams for final year students in which multiple choice questions were asked. But at that time, the SPPU had not provided any guidance or tips to students. Thus, several students, who attempted the questions in MCQ format for the first time, were left confused. They were also unaware about how to prepare and study for suc new format of questions.
Considering the difficulties faced by final year students, the Pune University Exam Department has decided to help students with backlog subjects prepare better for the exam. SPPU Exam Board Director Dr Mahesh Kakade has issued a circular regarding this and the tips have been provided on the website unipune.ac.in of the Pune University.
Although the Pune University has done this with good intentions, students said that this could have been done a month before so that they could have benefited more.
How to Study
- Understand all definitions, concepts and the logic
- Try to think about how multiple-choice questions can be asked on different topics
- Formulate questions and four options for the same on your own
- Search information on the internet for MCQ on the relevant topics
How to solve multiple choice questions
- Read the question and the four options provided carefully
- Don’t attempt any question on the basis of any assumptions
- Use the method of elimination. This method means you should eliminate the incorrect options first and then focus on the remaining options
- MCQ examinations are time-sensitive. Hence answer easier questions first