Pune : deccan express – Social worker and founder of several orphanages Padma Shri Sindhtai Sapkal’s daughter has tested Covid-19 positive. Sindhutai on Tuesday passed away following a heart attack. Her daughter Mamta was present at the funeral.
Mamta has appealed to people coming in contact with her to take care as she tested positive for the virus. She has posted this on her Facebook wall.
Sindhutai Sapkal’s last rites were conducted at the Thosar Paga crematorium in Pune as per the Mahanubhav sect tradition. Mamta was present there. Many people from all walks of life had gathered there. Concerns are being expressed as others could have been infected as well.
- Maharashtra | Police personnel aged above 55 directed to work from home: Walse Patil
- ST strike | Private bus operators make hay while sun shines in pune
- Pune | Citizens will no longer be ready for lockdown now says, BJP state president Chandrakant Patil
- Rainfall predicted in Maharashtra from Thursday for four days
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Pune Crime | Pune Police Anti Extortion Cell arrests one for sandalwood smuggling, sandalwood logs weighing 102 Kg seized
- Pandharpur Crime | Youth dies by suicide after harassment by private moneylender in Pandharpur