Pune : deccan express – Pune Police Helpline | The ‘Dial 112’ initiative offering police help has been launched on an experimental basis from September 8, 2021. Citizens are getting police help speedily, within seven minutes.
Dial 112 has been launched for citizens in Maharashtra so that they can get help on a common helpline number. A complainant’s call is first received by the centre at Navi Mumbai. After registering the complaint, the call is connected to the district concerned. A nearby police marshal is alerted about the complaint, who does the needful and reports back to the centre. This process happens online.
Earlier, it was not possible to detect the location of the complainant who dialled 100. The ‘Dial 112’ system detects the location of the caller. This helps to provide immediate help to the complainant.
Daily 300 calls
A ‘Dial 112’ control room has been set up at the Pune police commissionerate. It is getting good response from citizens since its launch. Around 300 calls are attended daily.
Force on the ground level
For the smooth functioning of the Dial 112 system, devices have been installed on 158 vehicles, 51 four-wheelers and 107 two-wheelers. 20 new four-wheelers have been purchased. Six police officers and 500 police personnel have been trained in Mumbai and Pune to run the system.
Modernisation of the control room, air-conditioning, seating arrangement for police officers and personnel is being carried out under the guidance of CP Amitabh Gupta, Joint CP Dr Ravindra Shisve, and Addl CP Dr Jalindar Supekar.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area