Pune: Deccan Express – Pune PMC News | After the Centre banned plastic bags with a thickness of less than 50 microns which pose a danger to the environment, the Pune Municipal Corporation conducted a special drive and took action against 14 businessmen and collected a fine of Rs 70,000 and seized 391 kg plastic bags and other goods.
The state government has already banned plastic bags with a thickness of less than 50 microns from 2018. After that, the state government and the PMC has started taking action against shopkeepers using plastic bags and banned goods made of plastic and thermocol. The action which was being taken by the PMC and MPCB had slowed down. However, after the ban was announced by the Centre from July 1, the PMC has got into the action mode.
On the first day, the civic body took punitive action against 14 businessmen using the banned plastic bags and seized 391 kg plastic bags and other goods. It has also collected a fine of Rs 5,000 from each one of them for the first action, said head of the solid waste management department Asha Raut.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Pune PMC News | Kasba Peth branch of BJP ruling the roost in PMC for 5 years agitates for civic amenities
- Pune PMC News | TDR process being simplified further from Friday
- Pune Pimpri Crime | 30-year-old man arrested in Pune for raping 13-year-old girl
- Kolhapur Crime | 36-year-old man arrested for raping 6-year-old girl in Kolhapur district
- Solapur Crime | Harassed by wife, young businessman commits suicide in Barshi