Pune : deccan express – Pune News | The Prime Minister National Child Award 2022 has been announced. Shivangi Kale, Jui Keskar, Jiya Rai and Swayam Patil from Maharashtra are the recipients of this award for their contribution to various fields. (Pune News)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the digital certificate through blockchain technology to the recipients. He also interacted with representative children through video conferencing and guided them.
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development chose 29 children for the Prime Minister National Child Award 2022 in the six categories for their outstanding contribution to those fields.
Of them, Shivangi Kale (6) from Jalgaon, Jui Keskar (15) from Pune, Jiya Rai (13) from Mumbai and Swayam Patil (14) from Nashik received the award.
Shivangi Kale has been honoured under the Bravery category. She saved the lives of her mother and sister from an electric shock by displaying bravery and presence of mind.
Jui Keskar has been honoured for Innovation. She has developed a device for patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease. The device looks like a hand glove and has been named ‘JTremor3D’.
Jiya Rai has been awarded for her outstanding performance in Sports. 13-year-old Jiya is physically challenged. She overcame her handicap and set a world record in open water para swimming and open water swimming.
Swayam Patil has also been honoured under the Sports category. He set a world record by swimming 5-km distance at the age of 10 while he swam for 14 km at 13.
Among the other categories, in which children received the award are Arts and Culture, Social Service and Scholastic. The 29 awardees are from 21 states and UTs. Among them are 15 boys and 14 girls. The PM also distributed the digital certificate to the recipients of the PM National Child Award 2021.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune