Pune : Deccan Express – Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) | The PMC is carrying out an anti-encroachment drive in the city. During such a drive in Dhanori, a mob attacked a civic team seriously injuring an officer and a staffer. PMC’s Deputy Commissioner Madhav Jagtap has warned that the incident is unfortunate and such incidents will not be tolerated.
Jagtap said that in the future, more security will be provided to civic officials who take part in the anti-encroachment drives. He reiterated that such drives will continue.
On Tuesday, an anti-encroachment drive was underway in Dhanori. The residents and some businessmen threw stones on civic officials and injured them. An FIR has been registered against 25 to 30 people for illegally gathering a mob and obstructing government work.
The civic body has taken a serious view of this incident and is going to take strict security measures during anti-encroachment drives. Jagtap said that the PMC will use modern equipment during such drives.
On Wednesday, an anti-encroachment drive has been undertaken in Yerawada and enough security has been provided.
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
- PMC to conduct audit of all amenity spaces, jolt to corporators managing them
- Rs 12 crore sanctioned for supplying power to settlements near 24 villages in Mulshi, Velhe and Haveli talukas
- Man held for killing wife over suspicion of her character in Pune
- NCP wins 15 of 16 seats in Katraj Dairy election
- Nawab Malik to get a bed, a chair in jail, his stay extended