Pune : deccan express – Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) printing press manager and its examination centre officer on special duty Dr Dattatray Kute has been selected as the chairman of the national sub-committee of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). It falls under the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
Experts such as scientists, professionals, educationists, civil servants, from various fields such as industry, consumers, and technology are nominated on this sub-committee. Dr Kute has researched in the field of print technology management. His research papers have been published in national and international research journals.
He has been awarded a doctorate by the SPPU in printing technology management. He has worked in national and multi-national companies such as Thomson Press, Affinity Express. He has been working in the SPPU for the past 13 years. He was also elected on the SPPU Senate for five years.
Printing and packaging technology is changing very fast. India has adapted to them. The BIS fixes its standards in the printing machinery manufacturing. Hence, the committee has decided to make standardisations speedily, said Dr Kute.
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Pune Crime | Pune Police Anti Extortion Cell arrests one for sandalwood smuggling, sandalwood logs weighing 102 Kg seized