Pune : deccan express – Pune Crime | The Hadapsar police seized a consignment of gutkha brought to Pune for sale from Karnataka in a truck. The action was taken at Hadapsar on Pune-Solapur highway (Pune Crime) late on Saturday night.
The Hadapsar police confiscated valuables amounting to Rs 71 lakh, including gutkha worth Rs 46 lakh. The police estimated the market cost of seized gutkha to be Rs 90 lakh.
The truck driver identified as Samiullah Murtaza Hussain (51), a resident of Mumbai and hailing from UP, has been arrested. FDA Pune officer Anil Sadashivrao Gawte lodged a complaint at the Hadapsar police station in this regard.
PSI Avinash Shinde got a tip-off that gutkha would be transported in a truck from Nipani and Vijapur to a godown in Fursungi via Pune-Solapur highway in the truck (MH14GU8462). The police stopped the vehicle at Number 15 Chowk on Solapur road. When they asked details about the transported material, the driver did not give a satisfactory answer. The police examined the material and found that it was Pan Masala gutkha. The driver told them that it was loaded in Nipani, Karnataka.
The action was taken under the guidance of CP Amitabh Gupta, Jt CP Dr Ravindra Shisve, Addl CP Namdev Chavan, and ACP Bajrang Desai. Senior PI Arvind Gokule, PI Digambar Shinde, PI Vishwas Dagle instructed API Ratnadeep Gaikwad, PSI Avinash Shinde, police constables Shahid Shaikh, Tonpe, Gavhane, Maddel, Sharad Dhande, and Kharat during the action.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area