Pune : deccan express – Anti-Corruption Bureau | The Anti-Corruptions Bureau (ACB) arrested a constable attached to the Chandan Nagar police station for demanding bribe from the complainant assuring them that he would not entertain a complaint from a woman. (Anti-Corruption Bureau)
He demanded Rs 5,000 but later settled for Rs 2,000. The accused has been identified as Anil Nivrutti Holkar (52). According to details. The complainant had given Rs 50,000 to a woman. Holkar demanded Rs 5,000 to help him recover the money from the woman and assured the complainant that he would not entertain any complaint from the woman. After a compromise, he agreed to take Rs 2,000 bribe. Meanwhile, the complainant approached the ACB. After verification, it was proved that the constable was demanding the bribe.
The ACB laid a trap at around 10 pm on Tuesday. Holkar was caught red-handed while accepting Rs 2,000. Under the guidance of Pune ACB SP Rajesh Bansode, Addl SP Suraj Gurav, Addl SP Suhas Nadgauda, DySP Vijaymala Pawar, constables Ankush Mane, Ashfaq Inamdar, police personnel Shilpa Tupe, Riyaz Shaikh, and driver Dipak Divekar took the action.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area
- Pune | API Ram Gomare of Hinjewadi spreads physical fitness awareness
- PCMC | 12-tonne garbage collected in Ploggathon in Pimpri Chinchwad; civic chief, police commissioner, actors participate
- Ring Road in Pune | State government grants Rs 1,000 crore to acquire land for Pune Ring Road