Pune : deccan express – In all, 13 two-wheelers and two auto-rickshaws gutted in a fire in the wee hours of Thursday at the Shivkamal Prestige housing society, Shivane.
Fire engines from the PMC and PMRDA doused the fire immediately after being informed. However, the 15 vehicles were gutted in the fire.
Residents suspected it to be a sabotage. The five-storey Shivkamal Prestige housing society is located near the Shinde Bridge in Shivane. The vehicles in the parking slot on the society’s premises caught fire. The fire brigade was informed around 5 am. The PMC fire engines reached first. Later, the PMRDA fire engines arrived. However, the vehicles were gutted in fire by that time. Later, the fire brigade personnel doused the blaze.
Giving details about the incident, station duty officer Prabhakar Umratkar said electric meter boxes were not damaged. However, a tube light in the parking lot got burnt. Residents of the building said they heard a sound. They rushed downstairs and saw all 15 vehicles had caught fire. They suspected it to be a sabotage. The Uttamnagar police reached the spot and inquired about the incident.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area