Pune : deccan express – Trial runs on the Pune metro railway’s priority 6-km Pimpri-Chinchwad to Phugewadi route have been successful. This route is likely to go operational soon. In this backdrop, NCP supremo Sharad Pawar visited Phugewadi station on Monday. He also travelled by the Pune metro railway from Phugewadi to PCMC main building station.
90-percent work completed last year
The PCMC main building to Phugewadi route’s 90-percent work was completed last year. This route is supposed to be inaugurated in January or February this year. Initially, the metro railway would run on this route daily. There are five stations on this route.
Soon citizens will be able to travel on this route.
30 stations on two metro railway corridors
There will be 30 metro railway stations on the two corridors of the Pune metro railway. These corridors are 33.1 km long. The Pimpri Chinchwad to Swargate corridor is 17.4 km long. It includes a 6-km underground tunnel from Shivajinagar to Swargate.
The Vanaz to Ramvadi corridor is 15 km long. Around 65 percent work has been completed. The priority routes will become operational soon. These priority routes are Sant Tukaram Nagar to Phugewadi and Vanaz to Garware College.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune