Mumbai : Deccan Express – Mumbai News | Renowned JSW Industries Group will invest Rs 35,500 crore in the hydropower and wind power sector in Maharashtra. A memorandum of understanding was signed in the hall of Industry Minister Subhash Desai (Mumbai News).
The two MoUs signed on Tuesday with JSW Industries Group will create thousands of direct and indirect jobs. The state government will extend all possible cooperation to the company to start the project. Additional Chief Secretary of Industry Department Baldev Singh, Development Commissioner Harshdeep Kamble, Chief Executive Officer of MIDC Dr. P. Anbalgan and JSW Joint Director Prashant Jain, Business Head Abhay Yagnik, Praveen Puri and others were present on the occasion.
Construction of the project will be done on 1879 hectare land.
Project details –
– 1500 MW capacity hydropower project on Bhavli dam in Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district
Investment : Rs 5,500 crore
– 5000 MW wind power project in Kolhapur, Solapur, Osmanabad, Satara districts
Investment : Rs 30,000 crore
- Pune News | Senior environmentalist Saroja Parulkar passes away
- Pune Crime | Tehsildar of Haveli forcibly bribed, Accused transferred money using Google Pay
- Pune Crime | Marathe Jewelers Fraud Case : Kaustubh Marathe arrested along with Manjiri Marathe
- Maharashtra Crime News | MCOCA on 7 in Pappu Wadekar murder case
- Maharashtra Rain Update | Yellow alert for Pune, Rainfall forecast for next 2 days in Maharashtra
- Mumbai News | Maharashtra Public University Act 2016 Amendment Committee Report ready, Handed over to CM
- Terrorist Attack | Major terrorist attack on Maharashtra averted, 6 terrorists arrested, two trained in Pakistan