Pune : deccan express – A ‘Mathematics Museum’ will soon be set up on the premises of Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) to make Mathematics more enjoyable and generate interest, especially among children.
A similar project in the form of the Science Park on the SPPU campus has succeeded in spreading awareness about Science among students across the globe. This has now led to implementation of a similar project on Mathematics. Students from Std IV to Std XII will be imparted lessons in Mathematics using easy and fun elements.
The activities are targeted at the age group of 9 to 18. The idea behind such a museum was suggested by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) to the SPPU. The museum will be sponsored and funded by noted industrialist Baba Kalyani, CMD, Bharat Forge.
SPPU Vice Chancellor Nitin Karmalkar announced the initiative at a function held to celebrate Republic Day on the campus. He said this is an attempt to remove the phobia in students’ minds about Mathematics.
The SPPU has set up a committee comprising experts from universities, IISER, IUCAA and representatives of Bharat Forge, which will look into the modalities of setting up the museum.
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield