Pune : Deccan Express – Loudspeaker Row Pune | The Pune Rural Police have permitted 222 mosques within its jurisdiction to install loudspeakers on their premises. However, they have to adhere to the Supreme Court directive in this regard. In all, 226 mosques had sought permission to use loudspeakers.
This was revealed in the backdrop of politicisation of the issue in Maharashtra. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray has taken an aggressive stance on the issue. He has issued an ultimatum to the government stating if the loudspeakers are not removed from the mosques in the State, his party would launch an agitation by installing loudspeakers in front of these mosques and recite Hanuman Chalisa at double the decibels. Managements of all mosques in the rural areas of Pune districts applied to the police seeking permission to use loudspeakers. The police have also received 99 applications seeking permission to use loudspeakers on temple premises. Permission has been granted to 96 of them. They have also been told that they will have to follow the Supreme Court guidelines in this regard.
Superintendent of Police (SP), Pune Rural, Dr Abhinav Deshmukh has appealed to citizens not to take the law into their own hands over the issue. They should also maintain social and religious harmony.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Hearings on objections and suggestions on PMRDA’s DP to be held soon
- Big hotelier among 7 held in raids at hookah parlours, including Botanica, Mash, Roof Top Village, Sufis, Jashn, Cyclon
- FIR against four people for approving director’s resignation and cheating her of Rs 6 lakh
- Urvashi Rautela is truly honoured to be the 1st Indian featuring on the cover of L’OFFICIEL AUSTRIA
- DG Insignia Awards of Maharashtra Police announced for police officers and personnel in Pune City and Rural police