Kolhapur : The fire work-out at ICU of govt hospital in Maharashtra’s Kolhapur district on early Monday morning, an official said. It disrupted the trauma ICU section of Kolhapur’s Chhatrapati Pramila Raje General Hospital, located around 230 km from here early in the morning. All the patients in the ICU section were immediately shifted out and the fire has been extinguished.
“The fire took place due to short-circuit. All the 15 patients were shifted to safety and no one was hurt in the incident”, said Hospitals’s Dean Dr Chandrakant Mhase said”. The blaze was immediately extinguished by fire brigade and the hospital’s security personnel, he said.
The hospital is designated as a dedicated COVID-19 hospital since the pandemic started. It has over 400 Covid patients undergoing treatment.
In the first week of September a fire broke out at the emergency ward of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital (NBMCH) in Siliguri. A few weeks back, a smilar fire broke out at an ICU ward of a Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Hospital in the Pune cantonment area in Maharashtra’s. Another fire erupted two months ago in the intensive care ward of a private hospital in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad where eight coronavirus patients died.