Pimpri : deccan express – Gajanan Babar passes away | Shiv Sena leader and Maval Lok Sabha constituency former MP and former Haveli MLA Gajanan Babar passed away on Wednesday. He was 79. He tested Covid-19 positive recently and was being treated at a private hospital in Pimpri Chinchwad. (Gajanan Babar passes away)
He breathed his last at 3.25 pm on Wednesday while undergoing treatment. He is survived by wife Jayashree Babar and two sons.
Babar hailed from Satara district. He contested the state assembly polls from the Wai segment in Satara district. He established himself in Pimpri Chichwad politics during the 1990s. He was a hardcore Shiv sainik. Babar opened Shiv Sena’s first branch in Pimpri Chinchwad at Kalbhor Nagar.
He held sway over 40 social organisations and unions of small businessmen, shopkeepers and traders. He was elected corporator thrice and as an MLA twice. He was elected as an MP from the Maval LS constituency in 2009. He had defeated NCP’s Azam Pansare.
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope