deccan express Team – After the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was desecrated in Bangalore, native Maharashtrians who were raising their voice against the incident are facing the oppression of Karnataka police. In Belgaum, cases have been registered against 61 people and 27 persons have been arrested. They have been remanded in police custody for 14 days.
The state police are being accused of going to the house of Marathi speakers at midnight and arresting some minors. Residents of the border areas are demanding that the Maharashtra government raise its voice against this.
What happened in Karnataka?
A statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was defaced in Bangalore, Karnataka on Saturday. After this, Marathi speaking people took to the streets in Belgaum to protest. People are also angered over the statement of the Karnataka Chief Minister, where he called it a ‘minor’ incident.
Police in riot gear stormed a rally, removing hundreds of protesters. 27 people including Shubham Shelke, President of Yuva Aghadi were arrested. In total, 14 clauses were imposed against the arrested to prevent them from getting bail. After being produced before the court, 27 persons were sent to Hindalga Jail yesterday evening. Meanwhile, police arrested 34 people, including former mayor and Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti chief Sarita Patil.
Instead of taking action against those who desecrated the statue of Shivaji Maharaj, anger is being expressed against the agitating Marathi locals.
- Rashmi Shukla phone tapping case: Union Home Ministry opposes state government’s plea
- Corporator Patil Archana Tushar | Kin of Covid-19 victims will get tax concession in Pune Municipal Corporation; Standing Committee grants corporator Archana Patil’s demand
- Elections for seats reserved for OBCs will be held for general category candidates on January 18
- Central Railway | 18 hours Infrastructure Block on Thane-Diva Slow corridor for 5th and 6th line work
- Congress gives important responsibility of spokesperson to Praniti Shinde
- DCP Rahul Shrirame questioned by ED officials in Anil Deshmukh case