Pune : deccan express –Corona Vaccination In Pune | Around 1.5 crore vaccine shots were given to citizens last year in the district as the vaccination drive completed one year. Anti-Covid vaccination was launched on January 16, 2021 in the country. Over 80 percent of citizens aged above 18 years have got the vaccine. Citizens in the age group of 15 to 18 are being administered the dose from January 2022. The third dose or booster dose is also being given to health workers, essential services workers and senior citizens.
Covishield vaccine doses began after it got the emergency use approval from January 16, 2021. In the first phase, health workers, workers in essential services were given the first dose. In the second phase, co-morbid senior citizens got it. In the third phase, citizens in the age group of 45 to 59 received the vaccine while in the fourth phase people in the age group of 18-45 got the jab.
In Pune district, till January 15, over 1.57 lakh health workers got the first dose, over 1.43 lakh got the second dose while over 16,000 health workers got the third dose. Over 2.52 essential services personnel got the first dose. Over 2.35 of them got the second dose while around 11,000 were given the third dose till January 15 in the district.
Over 2.34 lakh citizens from the age group of 15 to 18 have been administered the first dose. In the age group of 18 to 44, over 56.84 lakh received the first shot, over 41.14 lakh got the second jab. Over 11.61 lakh senior citizens have been vaxxed for the first jab, over 9.48 lakh for the second while over 1,600 have got the third dose.
Currently, Covishield and Covaxin doses are being given. Only 4-5 percent of those who have taken the third dose are being hospitalised in the third wave. It is being studied whether the vaccine would be effective against a new variant in the future, whether all citizens from all age groups would need the booster dose and whether there would be any change in the vaccine.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area