Pune : deccan express – Corona in Pune | A contest has been announced for Pune district to curb the rising number of Covid-19 cases. It is called the Covid-Free Village contest (Corona in Pune). The competition started on January 10 in the district. It will continue till March 15, said Pune ZP CEO Ayush Prasad. The district administration has issued detailed guidelines about the contest.
Explaining the objective behind the competition, Ayush Prasad said, “This contest has been launched to make rural areas of the district Covid-free. We also want to encourage gram panchayats in the districts to manage the disease well.”
“The winner gram panchayat will get development fund. We will focus on Covid management and awareness campaigns through this initiative,” he said.
The three best villages in the district managing the pandemic will get development fund from the state government. The first winner will get Rs 50 lakh, the second winner will get Rs 25 lakh while the third winner will get Rs 15 lakh, said Prasad.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area