Pune : deccan express – Anti-addiction crusader and Warkari sect leader Bandatatya Karadkar has apologised for his controversial remarks against some state women leaders. “Leaders from the State and their children, such as Supriya Sule and Pankaja Munde, consume liquor,” said Karadkar, in Satara on Thursday.
Now, he has clarified saying, “I am ready to apologise, if I hurt the feelings of people, about whom I made the remarks.” He was at Gotondi in Indapur taluka of the district.
Karadkar said, “I spoke to the persons, about whom I made the remarks. If I have said something wrong, then I apologise. It would not lower my stature. I spoke on several topics. However, certain remarks were quoted out of context. You are journalists, you know it well. People across Maharashtra know these alcohol addicts. Nothing new in this. The government is encouraging people to have liquor. Because it gets revenue from its sale.”
Earlier, an agitation was staged in Satara by the Vyasanmukt Yuvak Sangh, Maharashtra to demand withdrawal of the decision to sell wine in supermarkets. Bandatatya Karadkar made these remarks there.
Later, at a programme in Indapur taluka, he interacted with media persons. He said, “I am ready to apologise, if I have gone wrong. Please, do not stretch it too far. People across Maharashtra know these alcoholics.”
- Baba Bhide Bridge will be demolished under Riverfront Development Project
- Railway Budget : Rs 31 crore for Pune railway station, Rs 21 crore for Hadapsar terminal
- No more tunic uniform for police officers from the ranks of DySP to PSI, DGP Sanjay Pandey issues order
- SC and HSC exams will be conducted offline : State Board chariman Sharad Gosavi
- 570 hearing and speech impaired people cheated; Suyog Mehta, Abhizar Ghodnadiwala, Pradip Kolte, Chanchal Mehta, Mihir Gokhale, Dhananjay Jagtap arrested
- Aditya Thackeray to visit Pune ahead of civic polls on Feb 6-7
- Vishrantwadi police arrest four for stealing 4-kg jewellery worth Rs 85 lakh