Jalgaon : deccan express – A team of Pune police has arrived in Jagaon to probe an offence, in which BJP MLA Girish Mahajan is a suspect.
The offence was registered at the Kothrud police station with regard to a dispute in the Maratha Vidya Prasarak Sanstha, Jalgaon. The Pune police team’s arrival in Jagaon has spelled trouble for the MLA.
Mahajan has approached the high court fearing action under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA). The police team comprising 50 personnel reached Jalgaon in the wee hours on Sunday to inquire into the crime registered at the Kothrud police station.
What is the case?
Adv Vijay Bhaskar Patil lodged a complaint that Girish Mahajan and his accomplices confined him to a flat in Pune and demanded a ransom. Mahajan helped Bhoite to grab a plot of land belonging to the Maratha Vidya Prasarak Sanstha. An offence was filed at the Nimbhora police station in Jalgaon district in this connection. Later, the case was transferred to the Kothrud police station.
Five teams of Pune police in Jalgaon
The Pune police team arrived in Jalgaon on Sunday in connection with the investigation of the case. Five teams have been set up under the guidance of ACP Sushma Chavan.
These teams would work independently.
Patil stated in his complaint that he is a director of the Maratha Vidya Prasarak Sahakari Samaj Maryadit Sanstha, Jalgaon. He was called to Pune by the accused to hand over documents of the organisation. He was abused and threatened by them in Pune. He was forced to get into a car and was taken to a flat in Sadashiv Peth in Pune. He was beaten up there and was threatened with a knife. A person accompanying the complainant was also confined to the flat. A ransom of Rs 5 lakh was taken from Patil threatening to frame him in an offence under the MPDA, if he failed to get resignations of all directors of the organisation.
The incident took place between January 2018 and January 2021. However, he lodged the complaint late. An offence was registered against Girish Mahajan, Rameshwar Naik, Nilesh Bhoite and 26 others at the Nimbhora police station. Later, it was transferred to the Kothrud police station.
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Pune Crime | Pune Police Anti Extortion Cell arrests one for sandalwood smuggling, sandalwood logs weighing 102 Kg seized