Pune : deccan express – District Guardian Minister and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Monday approved in-principle a mega memorial of Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj.
Pawar said the memorial should reflect Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj’s historical contribution and personality. A competition should be held to make a plan of the memorial. The best plan should be chosen from them. Local villagers should be taken into confidence and the plan should be discussed with them.
A meeting in this regard was held at Mantralaya in Mumbai, which was chaired by Ajit Pawar while State Tourism Minister Aditya Thackeray was present. MLA Ashok Pawar, Finance Additional Chief Secretary Manoj Sainik, Rural Development Additional Chief Secretary Rajesh Kumar, Tourism Department Chief Secretary Valsa Nair Singh, PWD Secretary Prashant Navghare, Pune Divisional Commissioner Saurabh Rao (by VC), SP (Pune Rural) Dr Abhinav Deshmukh (by VC), Vadhu former sarpanch Anil Shivale, and Ankush Shivale were present.
Chhatrapti Sambhaji Maharaj is an idol and pride of Maharashtra. His memorial should have a heritage touch. Contemporary architecture should be considered while building the memorial. Lakhs of people visit his Samadhi every year. They should be provided facilities, said Pawar.
- Amit Shah praises Chhatrapati Shivaji, Dr Ambedkar for their contribution in building the nation; flays Congress for insulting Dr Ambedkar
- Pune | State-level Patthe Bapurao award for veteran Tamasha artiste Raghuvir Khedkar
- Pune | Opposition leader Dhumal allies BJP for playing dirty politics
- OMG ! Huge Bull Attracts Crowds in Animal Fair at Tasgaon
- Pune Crime | Police constable, six others arrested for kidnapping and ransom
- Desecration of Shivaji Maharaj statue : Karnataka police crackdown on Marathi speakers, 27 arrested
- Pune | Amit Shah’s Pune visit is an admission of BJP’s defeat: Mohan Joshi