Pune : deccan express – The 68th Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Mahotsav, the annual Indian classical music fest, which was scheduled for February 2-6 has been cancelled due to the third wave of the pandemic. This was revealed by Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal executive president Shrinivas Joshi.
Patrons were insisting that the fest should take place as this is the birth centenary year of Bharat Ratna Pt Bhimsen Joshi. However, there is no other option left with the organisers due to the extent and time needed for planning the fest, said Joshi.
The Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal had decided to conclude the birth centenary celebrations by holding the 68th Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Mahotsav. It was to be held during February 2-6 at the Katariya High School grounds in Mukundnagar.
The organisers had clarified that the fest would be held following the state government guidelines for the pandemic. The guidelines state that 25% of the capacity audience will be allowed in an open auditorium. The organisers said it is impossible to hold the festival with 25% capacity.
Following past directives by DCM Ajit Pawar to allow operating theatres and movie halls to their full capacity, the music fest was to be held by the end of January. However, the announcement to hold the festival proved to be short-lived after the outbreak of third wave. The organisers were trying to hold the fest with 50% capacity. Finally, the event had to be cancelled.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune