Pune: People more often tend towards taste neglecting health. People forget, it can only enjoy when he/ she is completely healthy. Staying healthy is not just about making abs and muscles. This means that you should be fit with your mind with your heart and soul. ‘Foods for Healthy Heart’ on the Internet are searched more often. There are lot many options available and effective. Here are few ingredients from which you can make delicious food as well as healthy. The king of all is walnut.
They are beneficial in keeping the heart healthy. It is rich in omega 3 ALA (2.5 g / 28 g), an essential fatty acid. Along with this, it also contains protein (04 g / 28 g) and fiber (2 g / 28 g), which is an important nutrient for heart health.
Eating walnuts as a part of healthy diet can reduce the risk of heart disease to a great extent, which is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. This keeps cholesterol and blood pressure levels under control. Which are considered to be the cause of heart problems in particular.
Here are the dishes you can make from it,
1. Maple walnut energy ball
2 cups walnuts and ¼ cup for coating it, one cup old-fashioned oats (oats), ½ cup dates kernels (about 7 dates), 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 teaspoons vanilla, ¼ teaspoons salt
-Mix two cups walnuts, oats, dates, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth for 1 to 2 minutes until small balls can be prepared from the dough.
– 4 cups finely chop the remaining walnuts and keep them on a plate.
– Make 16 balls from the dough and roll it into chopped walnuts for coating each ball.
Store these energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for up to three months.
2. Sweet potato avocado toast with walnuts
2 sweet potatoes, 2 finely chopped avocados, ½ cup walnuts, chopped, 1-1 / 2 tsp red paper (red chilli) flakes, if desired, add 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil (olive oil), ¾ teaspoon flakey salt
– Cut a portion of each sweet potato lengthwise. It will be like a base so that you can easily cut the sweet potato into pieces of toast. Hold the flat portion you have prepared and cut each sweet potato into about 8 inch thick planks.
– For the preparation of toasting, place the sweet potato boards in the toaster and toast until soft. This may take some time, depending on your toaster.
– To prepare in the oven, preheat your oven to 180 ° C. Place the sweet potato plates on a baking sheet and spray cooking spray into it. Roast each portion for 6-7 minutes, until a fork (fork) can be easily inserted into it.
– When toasting, place the sweet potato toast on a plate and place chopped avocado on it. Slowly mash the avocado with a fork. Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts, red paper flakes and pour a few drops of olive oil over it. Add salt to it.
3. Roasted vegetables with walnuts and herbs
½ red bell pepper cut into small 1 inch cubes, ½ orange bell pepper, ¼ red onion, 120 g baby mushroom chopped, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (olive oil), 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, ¾ cup sugar snap peas, 2 garlic finely chopped Pieces, 2 tsp, Snap peas, 1 summer’s squash, balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp basil, freshly chopped, ½ cup california walnuts.
– Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Put the capsicum, onion, mushroom in a big pot and add olive oil and salt. Place on a large baking sheet and make sure the vegetables are not too much. Cook for 10 minutes.
– Add snap peas, jushini, yellow squash and garlic to it and shake lightly. Add the walnuts on top, cook for 5 to 10 nuts or longer or until all the vegetables are crispy-soft and the walnuts are toasted.
– Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar and stir well. Sprinkle basil.