Pune : deccan express – Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) chairperson Rupali Chakankar has written to film director-actor Mahesh Manjrekar seeking an explanation over the trailer of his new Marathi film ‘Naay Varan Bhaat Lonchya..’
There have been angry reactions about the film trailer from various sections of society. Parents have objected to a scene involving a woman and a minor boy taking online classes. They have demanded that the scene should be removed from the film.
महेश मांजरेकर यांच्या 'नाय वरण भात लोन्चा कोण नाय कोन्चा' या चित्रपटाचे प्रकाशित करण्यात आलेल्या ट्रेलर बाबतीत विविध स्तरावरून संतप्त प्रतिक्रिया उमटत आहेत. यामध्ये महिला आणि अल्पवयीन मुलाचे जे दृश्य आहे त्याबाबत ऑनलाईन शिक्षण घेणाऱ्या मुलांच्या अनेक पालकांनी आक्षेप नोंदवला 1/2 pic.twitter.com/RqZEfKvAAM
— Rupali Chakankar (@ChakankarSpeaks) January 13, 2022
The State Women’s Commission wants to know the concept, story and directorial view behind the film from Manjrekar. He has to give a written explanation to the commission. This was revealed by MSCW chairperson Rupali Chakankar in a tweet.
The trailer of the film was recently published. People are reacting angrily to the trailer on social media. The MSCW received a complaint letter demanding that the film should not be released. The letter alleged that the film has portrayed women in a bad light. There is also objectionable content filmed on children. Parents of children taking online classes have registered their objection to the scenes. The producer-director should explain his concept, story and view behind making this film. A written explanation should be immediately submitted under the Maharashtra State Commission for Women Act, stated the MSCW chairperson’s directive.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune