Solapur : Deccan Express – Solapur Police | YP Pawar, an RTI activist based in Solapur, has alleged that the ‘Sachin Vaze pattern’ of Mumbai is being implemented in Solapur. Pawar has alleged that the crime branch of the city police commissionerate collects hafta of Rs 60 lakh per month. He said that a sting operation had exposed this fact. He said he has sent a letter to CM Uddhav Thackeray and Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil on the issue.
Pawar alleged that if a complaint is made at ACB office, it is hand in glove with the police commissionerate. Pawar said the conversation in the sting operation is between a policeman and a person operating a card club. However, the Solpaur police have rejected the allegations and said that the video is fake.
Solapur CP Harish Baijal has appointed an inquiry committee which will probe the issue and strict action will be taken against the accused after the panel submits its report, he said.
YP Pawar has also alleged that since the ACB has connections with the officials in the police commissionerate, any complaint is ignored.
ACB officials have said that Pawar should submit a proof and prove the allegations and senior officials will punish the guilty.
- Corona warriors of Nandurbar police and health department felicitated
- Udayanraje Bhosale’s mind is going astray, says Shivendra Raje
- Slum residents received their new homes designed with Community Design Agency and Snehalaya under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- Jolt for BJP in PCMC: BJP corporators Ravi Landge and Sanjay Newale resign
- Medical superintendent of Bhor arrested for taking bribe