Pune : deccan express – A Bulli Bai App-like case has happened in Pune. An offence has been registered by the Khadki police for taking photos of women from a slum and superimposing their faces on obscene photos and then posting them on social media.
A 25-year-old youth has been arrested. The court remanded him in police custody till January 15.
A person from the slum area lodged a complaint in this regard.
The incident happened on January 9 in Khadki area. The accused had taken photos, videos of women and minor girls from the locality. Later, he misused their photos, videos to make obscene clips and photos and posted them on social media, stated the complaint.
When the accused was produced before the court, it was revealed that he indulged in such activities since 2019.
The police confiscated his cellphone. He made such photos, videos on other mobile phones also. They needed to be checked. The women and minor girls in the photos and videos needed to be identified. Four girls and three women have been already identified, said the police.
The accused is a member on WhatsApp groups from other countries such as Brazil, Pakistan, where he has made such photos and videos viral. This matter needed to be examined. It was also being checked whether other people are also involved in the case, said public prosecutor Shubhangi Deshmukh.
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area
- Pune | API Ram Gomare of Hinjewadi spreads physical fitness awareness
- PCMC | 12-tonne garbage collected in Ploggathon in Pimpri Chinchwad; civic chief, police commissioner, actors participate