Pune : deccan express – A youth who was trying to save a cat fell into a 70-ft deep gorge on Thursday morning. The fire brigade personnel rescued him from the gorge and admitted to hospital.
The victim has been identified as Ramdas Ubhe (24), a resident of Kothrud. He fractured his leg and hurt his head. According to the fire brigade, Ubhe went for a walk, along with his two sisters, to Vetal Tekdi at around 7 am on Thursday. He saw a cat precariously perched on the edge of a 70-ft gorge, which was earlier a stone mine. While trying to save the cat, he fell into the gorge.
The fire brigade rushed to the spot after they were informed about the incident. Initially, fire brigade personnel could not reach the gorge. So, they accessed the accident spot with a smaller vehicle.
Ubhe was stuck in shrubs surrounded by water. Moreover, he could not move as his leg was fractured. Firemen reached him using ropes. Some waded through water to reach the spot. Meanwhile, an ambulance arrived. He was made to lie down on a stretcher and was brought to an elevated ground, from where he was lifted. Then he was admitted to hospital.
Fire brigade officials Rajesh Jagtap, driver Amol Shinde, Vijay Shinde, Tandel Sachin Aywale, Rajesh Kulkarni and jawans Sachin Waghele, Shailesh Davane, Jitendra Kumbhar, Pravin Rahate, Pandharinath Ubhe, Sanjay Bhavekar, Prakashdaji Kamble, Shubham Golhar and Hemant Kamble participated in the rescue operation.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area