Pune : deccan express – It is a crime to make or watch pornographic video clips of children and post them on social media. The Wanawadi police (Pune) have arrested a person for posting child pornographic content on Facebook.
The accused has been identified as Siddhu Golalappa Chandkoti (33), a resident of Ramtekdi. PSI Bhushan Potwade lodged a complaint in this regard. The Supreme Court has directed to act against people watching, making or uploading child pornographic content on social media on the basis of a complaint filed by American NGO the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC). The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) monitors child pornography in India. Details of people posting child pornography on social media are provided to the local police.
The Wanawadi police acted on such details provided by the NCRB. Chandkoti had uploaded on his Facebook wall a child pornographic content on June 17, 2020. Hence, an offence was registered and he was arrested. PI Salgaonkar is investigating the matter under the guidance of Senior PI Deepak Lagad.
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Pune Crime | Pune Police Anti Extortion Cell arrests one for sandalwood smuggling, sandalwood logs weighing 102 Kg seized
- Pandharpur Crime | Youth dies by suicide after harassment by private moneylender in Pandharpur
- Rainfall predicted in Maharashtra from Thursday for four days
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh