Pune : Deccan Express – Pune Police | Police constable Prashant Madhukar Gaikwad stationed in Loni Kalbhor police station, who is absent for a long time without permission, has been immediately suspended. The suspension orders were issued by DCP (zone 5) Namrata Patil.
Prashant Gaikwad is absent since June 2021. He had been repeatedly told to report on duty but he did not do so. An enquiry was held in February 2022 but he still remained absent. Since his behaviour is likely to have a negative effect on other policemen, he has been suspended.
Prashant Gaikwad has violated provisions of Maharashtra Civil Service Act and he has maligned the image of Pune police. He cannot work in a private company or do business. He also cannot leave police headquarters. If he wants to leave the headquarters, he will have to take permission from the DCP (HQ) before doing so. He will have to present himself every day before the PI (reserved), the suspension order says.
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
- PMC to conduct audit of all amenity spaces, jolt to corporators managing them
- Rs 12 crore sanctioned for supplying power to settlements near 24 villages in Mulshi, Velhe and Haveli talukas